Saturday, September 23, 2006

Technowhatty? (Thing #14)

I checked out Technorati today, another one of those little gems of the modern Internet. I staked my claim to this blog, as well as my other one and got access to all sorts of nifty little tidbits and stats. For example Bibliochick ranks at 865,633 and A Life in Books comes in at 111,184. I can really see the value in those features for people who use platforms such as Blogger for their blogs, since Blogger doesn't provide any of those stats in its features (at least the non-beta version doesn't, not sure about the new one). Things like recent comments and inbound links are especially helpful. People with more interactive blogging software, such as Wordpress, will find that they already have access to some of the features offered by Technorati.

I entered 'Learning 2.0' and searched blog posts (16 results in blog directory, 58 in tags, and a whopping 28,419 in blog posts - about to be one more after I publish this one). The most popular searches, tags, etc. is an interesting page and seems to run the gamut from celebrity fluff to hardcore geek stuff.

As far as the tags go, I especially like that feature for this blog, since Blogger doesn't have tags built into its site. But again, perhaps the beta version does, and I'm actually surprised they haven't already done so, considering how they already network people via shared interests, etc. on the profile page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home