Monday, September 04, 2006

Lovin' LibraryThing (Thing #11)

Well, besides having a blog, LibraryThing was one of the few 'things' with which I was already familiar. I discovered LT back in June, promptly posted about it, and have been steadily cataloging my book collection ever since. People use LT in various ways - some catalog their wishlists, some any book they've ever read, etc. Myself, I choose to only add those books that I have in my possession. So, I don't count books that I borrow from the library, or those that I've already set aside for BookCrossing.

One of the best new features at LT are their groups, which allow you to talk with others interested in the group topic - whether it's 'awful literature' or the 'Hogwarts Express' and anything else you can think of (and if you don't see a group you think should be there, you can create it yourself). There's even a Librarians who LibraryThing group!

*Incidentally, the folks over at LT make use of Technorati, one of the feed search tools mentioned in Thing Nine. A couple days after I made the above linked post, I was contacted by Abby at LT who asked to use part of my post as a blurb on their buzz page - to which I of course said yes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home