Sunday, September 10, 2006

Roll with it (Thing #12)

I created my Rollyo account, and while I was a bit skeptical about its personal useability at first, I have since come round and think this is something I'll be permanently adding to my online interactions. I tend to restrict my online searching to Google but am frequently frustrated with the results - there's just so much that comes up, much of it not relevant, that it can take some time to sift through the searches. Still, they are the search engine I prefer to use and I don't think I'll be giving them up in favor of Rollyo, but I can see using them in tandem.

I also turn to Wikipedia quite often for more specialized searches, so I was pleased to see the 'Reference Search' Searchroll, which included not only Wikipedia but also other useful sites.

Rollyo is something I could see PLCMC putting on their main site, for our patrons to use in searching our various websites.

What is REALLY cool, in my opinion, is that you can edit existing searchrolls and thereby add them to your own searchroll list. That's what I did with the 'Books and Authors' searchroll. I added the PLCMC Reader's Club site, which made that category show up on my account.

I like that people could search my blog for particular content, and have added a searchbox to the sidebar here. You can search this blog, my main blog, or the web. Neat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home