Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pod People (Thing #21)

I already have ITunes installed on my desktop, since I use that for my IPod, but I'd never looked at the podcasts before. I've really enjoyed listening to the various PLCMCL2 podcasts and have toyed with the idea of adding that feature to my main blog.

I immediately went to check out what book-related podcasts are listed in the ITunes directory, and the first ones to pop up were for Harry Potter - hah! I ended up subscribing to 3 podcasts: Authors in Your Pocket, NPR Books, and The Word Nerds. I also listened to an episode of Garrison Keillor's 'Writers Almanac' - his voice is so soothing to me.

Then I went over to podcast.net - one thing I immediately liked about this site was its ease of navigation. 58 results came back when I did a search for 'library' - most seemed to be university or research libraries.

The podcast RSS feed that I ended up adding to my bloglines account was the NYT Book Update, which I pulled from PodcastAlley.com (reminds me of HP's Diagon Alley).

I really am having fun with Podcasts and they're definitely something I'll continue to use after the challenge is done. I had no idea there were so many out there, spanning such a wide range of subjects. It would be interesting to see this technology used on the PLCMC websites; I think it's something users would enjoy having.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home