Monday, October 02, 2006

Guilty Pleasure (Thing #20)

I started visiting YouTube to feed my addiction to Project Runway, particularly those clips featuring my favorite PR contestant EVER - Santino.

Thanks to Del, one of my coworkers, I also saw a very funny parody of the Travel Channel TV show 'Most Haunted', from the absolutely funny and fabulous 'French and Saunders' duo.

And now, I've just spent the last hour and a half watching some clips from one of my favorite Canadian TV shows - This Hour Has 22 Minutes. In between guffaws of laughter, it made me a bit homesick really. That led me to watch some Canadian TV and Newfoundland tourism footage. Then I spent an inordinate amount of time looking at old cartoons that I remember watching as a kid, like The Barbapapas, Rocket Robin Hood and The Mighty Hercules.

OK, so here's the one I ultimately decided to insert into my blog, a short news clip from Los Angeles on BookCrossing:



As for where YouTube can inspire libraries, virtual tours and showing clips of special library-hosted events are two things I think would be great for the public to access online. There are 3,151 results that come up from a keyword search for 'library' so it appears that the connection between the two has already been made. There are even a couple video clips from PLCMC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home